Export Mac Mail to Outlook 2016
Microsoft employs their own proprietary file format called PST for Windows Outlook. All your emails, contacts, reminders from calendar, and other items are stored in PST in a locally stored database. You cannot use this same file with any other email client. Nor can you import data to Windows Outlook using any format other than PST itself.
That is not a good news for users coming from Mac OS X and Mac Mail email client.
Mac Mail is the default email client in all Mac computers, offered by Apple itself. If you are jumping ship (quitting Mac altogether and coming to Windows), you may find it difficult to get your data from Mac Mail to Windows Outlook because of the issue stated above. Mac Mail can only archive its data to MBOX format. And you need PST Files and nothing else.
So, how can you move your emails or export Mac Mail to Outlook 2016?
Well, you have two options.
- Manually transfer data using a dummy email account that can support IMAP. Add that email account to Mac mail, and sync all the data to that account. Now add that same email account to Windows Outlook, and this time sync the data from the servers to Windows Outlook client. This process is done through the modern IMAP based technology that almost every email client now uses. There is just one problem – it’s slow and almost impractical for databases more than few folders. First of all, users mostly archive data in a local MBOX file in Mac Mail to save space from their email servers. Syncing them back doesn’t sound too efficient, if at all possible. Secondly, it takes a lot of internet bandwidth to upload and download the entire database. And thirdly, due to the connection problems at any time during the syncing process, you can lose your data integrity. To put it bluntly, this manual method is the worst choice of all. Unless you don’t have more than a hundred emails to transfer, you can opt for it. For anything larger than that, stay away!
- The second approach is using an MBOX to PST converter. This is far better than the first one. Only issue is that for this you need to buy a third party program and install it on your computer. So, find a good one and download it from a reliable source. Another important point is that you need to buy these converters. Free Mac Mail to PST converter is again a bad choice, perhaps worse than the manual #1 approach. They can do irreversible damage to your data or computer or both.
Does it seem like the 2nd approach is a good solution? If not, you got it right. Because it is not a solution. There are many converters in the market. Some are expensive, and some are free. Looking for a professional cost-effective tool like looking for a needle in a haystack. You can get drowned in the vast amount of information on internet trying to look for a good email migration tool.
But don’t be disheartened. Because, we are not finishing this post here. Continue reading below to get the answer you came here for.
Mail Extractor Pro puts an end to the discussion!
The fact of the matter is, there are not two options, but three. And the third option is miles ahead in terms of efficiency, ease of use, accuracy, and safety.
It’s called “Mail Extractor Pro” and is developed by USL Software to put an end to the discussion of what’s the best approach to export Mac Mail to Outlook 2016.
And no, it is not just another MBOX to PST converter. That would put it in the #2 category above. Instead, it tackles the problems from another angle.
“Mail Extractor Pro” is what experts call a complete full-blown email migration tool, which is an entirely different thing than an MBOX to PST converter.
And here’s why:
- It can directly load data from Mac mail database called ‘Mail’ folder, which you can find in your user’s library folder in Mac drive. This saves you from converting MBOX to PST files, which is fine but not the best option.
- The tool supports full and thorough conversion. It can convert mails, contacts, calendar entries, and everything else that is stored in Mac Mail.
- It has a built-in support for converting text in any language. No other ordinary converter can convert non-English languages with precision. You’d generally find missing text if it is language like Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. The reason for that is highly technical, and beyond the context of this post.
- ‘Mail Extractor Pro’ has an amazingly simple GUI for a sophisticated tool that it is. It gets the balance of friendly tool with advanced features just right. From a total beginner to an IT expert, it offers a perfect method for exporting Mac Mail to Outlook PST files.
That brings us to the end of this post.
If you have been worrying about how you can transfer your data, this tool will offer that relief you have been looking for.
Do not hesitate to give it a try. There is a free trial version that converts ten items per folder, and gives you the chance to try it out without any risk.
Download Now at: http://www.mboxtopstconverter.com/download-now/
Try Mail Extractor Pro to export Mac Mail to Outlook 2016.